Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I Love the 80s F.O.B. Edition Part 3

     Kids' brains are like sponges.  Put some stimuli(or bombard them) in front of them and they'll soak it up.  Learning a second or even third language is easy when you're young.  My best English teacher was television :P


I watched everything on TV.  Back then, there were only about 6 channels in Raleigh.  My parents didn't restrict what I could watch(too busy trying to obtain The American Dream, priorities man), so I got to see violent R-rated movies and the cheesy sex scenes of prime time soaps before a lot of other kids.  I'm so glad my parents weren't restricting in that regard.  I got all that testosterone filled, frat boy popcorn trash out of the way early, so I could have more of my life to enjoy dialogue, cinematography, score, and editing in films.  You know, real artsy fartsy shit.

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment