Monday, February 14, 2011

I Love the 80s F.O.B. Edition Part 4

     Before I had access to cable, which would not be until 1987, I had very few opportunities to experience hip hop.  After "Planet Rock" and Herbie Hancock's "Rock It," it would be about 2-3 years before I heard Run-D.M.C.  Should I count The Fat Boys?  I would fill that gap with radio, and the radio played a lot of synth.


     The other music radio played was anything by Michael Jackson.  


     Michael would be the most entertaining human being to me for a few years(close to all of elementary school). Sure, I can get into his whole "Jacko" persona but I don't think I can write a better piece about MJ than Phonte of The Foreign Exchange: My Hero Ain’t Molest Them Bitch Ass Kids.

to be continued...
     




1 comment:

  1. lol my hero ain't molest them . . . lol funny
    Do another 80's segment and you have to madonna on there bo nice work

    ReplyDelete